Duties and Responsibilities of Law Enforcement Officers
Recruitment Information for Deputy Sheriff and Correction Officers Requirements for Physical Agility Test for Correction Officer Trainee
The Civil Service Commission is responsible for administration of civil service laws and procedures for all Application for Corrections/Law Enforcement Positions
Notice of Vacancy - ATI Program Supervisor (1) (1)
RENSSELAER COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Agency: Rensselaer County Sheriff’s Office
Location: 4000 Main Street, Troy, New York 12180
Title: Alternatives to Incarceration Program Supervisor
Type of Appointment: Competitive
Nature of Activities: This work involves responsibility for the effective operation of the Alternatives to Incarceration Program at the Rensselaer County Jail. The incumbent assists the Director of the alternatives program in reviewing prospective jobsites and screening applicants for appropriateness in the program, and directly supervises the work crew assigned to the program, including transportation to and from designated worksites.
Typical Work Activities:
- Supervises work crew assigned to program, including transportation to and from designated work sites;
- Assists the Director in formulating and coordinating prospective jobsites, including determining man hours necessary to complete jobs and necessary equipment and expertise if necessary;
- Assists the Director in the screening of applicants for appropriateness in the program;
- Prepares offender progress reports for probation and sentencing courts;
- Prepares monthly reports regarding jobs completed, number of clients assigned to the program and cost savings analysis as a result of the program;
- Performs a variety of related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics: Working knowledge of probationary procedures; working knowledge of sentencing guidelines, working knowledge of court proceedings; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to plan and supervise the work of others; ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships; ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and reports; good judgment; industry and initiative; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
(a) Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and five years of work experience in the law enforcement or corrections field.
Deadline for submission: September 30, 2016
Please address resumes to: Sheriff Patrick A. Russo
Rensselaer County Sheriff’s Office
4000 Main Street
Troy, New York 12180